Thursday 4 November 2010

Professional Profile

My name is  Alice Joynson I am 19 years old and have an overwhelming passion for Dance.
I Cant remember dance ever not being involved in my life as I have been going to dance lessons since I was 3 years old.  Although when I turned 15 I started a GCSE dance course this is when I was introduced to Contemporary. I was so intrigued by the new way of moving and by creating my own choreography, this is when I realised this is what i was meant to do.
            Three years later I started my professional dance training at The Hammond School of dance, and graduated in July 2010 with a level six national diploma. Throughout my time at the Hammond school I fell in love with teaching contemporary and really started to get my own feel for choreography.  I have been extremely lucky in my professional training to have been able to work with companies such as Rambert, Candoco, Phoenix dance company and many others.    I also have a passion for performing my own work and of other choreographers. In 2009 I was a part of a touring company Taudevin which was an amazing experience and I learnt so much about the performing industry. Unfortunately During my time in Taudevin I developed a spinal injury which postponed my performing career, although it lead me to the path I am perusing now.   
Currently I am a Contemporary dance teacher for North West dance Studios, and I also teach a BTEC course in professional techniques. I am aiming to expand my knowledge of the industry by completing this BA Hours course in Professional practice. In the near future I aim to gain my PGCE qualification so I can also expand my love of teaching.

2 comments:

  1. Good explanation of career aspirations at tend. Would be interesting to hear more about what you are doing now at North West - e.g.can you give a profile of the organisation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a great idea ill put up a blog about all the organisation of north west and the Btec course! thank you.

    ReplyDelete